Japan Marketing & Communications Manager, reporting to the Country Manager – Japan HD Publishing, represents EA in the local market working to maximize all existing and future high value partners and executing against local campaign activation. This position is a key part of our Japan Marketing team.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
Duties & responsibilities
- Responsible for execution of local marketing activations within the framework of the overall marketing strategy.
- Responsible for maintaining and leveraging all priority local partners – media, clubs, brands, first party, etc.
- Plan and execute against local earned media campaign beats within approved framework.
- Create and executes local content commissioned within the local marketing strategy.
- Provide feedback and assistance on key campaign elements including media campaign.
- Manage local agencies and execution partners. Manage and mentor the rest of the regional marketing team.
- People management experience
- High Japanese and English proficiency
- A passion for video games and the entertainment industry.
- Strong understanding of the Geographic region, with ability to detail key markets & consumer groups within those markets.
- Knowledge of key cultural celebrations and holiday periods, including key relevant market events that are unique to the market (eg. Sporting events, Historic personality celebrations,
- Gaming events). Detailed understanding of key market partners in the region (Distribution, retail, 1st Party, Agency).
- Knowledge and appreciation of local market language composition (spoken & text) and the various resultant modes of communication that EA should utilise to converse with players in the region.
- Firm grasp of market socio-economic factors such as demographics and market infrastructure indicators (eg. Payments, Internet penetration) which impact our players in the region.
- In-depth knowledge and practical knowledge of marketing tools. Capable to build relationship with key partners. Experience in managing agencies and production partners.
- Strong communication skills with ability to work in a multinational and diverse market environments.
- Strong ability for team cooperation and working with remote cross functional teams. Perfect command of English.
Salary & Benefits
- Modern office conveniently located next to major transport links.
- Excellent employee benefits, bonuses and stock options.
- Employee wellness scheme with rebates on Health Insurance and Gym membership.
- Fully stocked soft drinks fridge and coffee machine.
- A games area with consoles so you can get your gaming fix.
- Regular events, happy Fridays, Year-end Party.